What is Acestream?
Acestream offers the widest selections of streams for most events, and is considered by many to be – along with Sopcast – the best for P2P streaming.
How can I get started?
- Head over to our software page and download Acestream.
- Browse streams which have “Acestream” in the software column.
- Click “Go” to open the stream with Acestream.
- Follow this lovely guide to optimize Acestream.
Note: Make sure you do not tick any unnecessary boxes during the installation to avoid installing bundled junk.
Overcoming common problems:
Acestream won’t connect.
If you are at work, you are probably out of luck. It is likely your network administrator has disabeld P2P entirely, or some protocols required for Acestream to work.
If you are at home, try to disable your firewall, or add Acestream to the list of allowed software.
Watching 60 FPS streams on Acestream
Sometimes, we put the following note near a stream: “(60 FPS)”. This means that the stream plays at 60 frames per second.
60 FPS streams look natural and the quality is usually spectacular.
To be able to watch 60 FPS streams, you need to do two things:
- After the stream plays, right click anywhere on the stream video and select Video -> Deinterlace -> On
- Right click again -> Deinterlace Mode -> Choose “Yadif(2x)”
These settings need to be applied again if you close Acestream.